Egret - Alla Prima



12x9 Acrylic on Loose Canvas
SOLD

Comments

mike rooney said…
i noticed you do a lot of 30 minute 60 minute studies. do you take them to your galleries. i noticed you dont sell them on the blog or ebay.
David Lloyd said…
Hi Mike...sometimes a study makes it to a gallery. I used to sell through my blog and ebay, and may again sometime. For now, anything available is listed on my website: www.davidlloydgallery.com

While I appreciate my galleries, I am an advocate of any process that may lead to an artist's liberation. Independent internet sales have certainly made a difference for many.
Ambera said…
I've really fallen in love with this one. Lovely hues.
mike rooney said…
im a gallery artist and unfortunately chained to them because ebay/blog sales are just too low for me. does it get any better the longer your on the net?
thanks for the advice....
David Lloyd said…
Hi Mike...

I know of some very successful artist bloggers, but most of them also show in galleries.

Length of time on the web helps, but the quality of the work dictates (as with any method of exposure). I've seen new bloggers take right off with immediate sales. It's surprising how quickly word can spread...the web/art world seems strangely small!

Having been involved in many different arrangements, 40 to 50 percent gallery fees is not as bad as it may sound. As you know, marketing is hard work.

I'm sure my own future will include all manner of venues, including this blog. In many ways it's one of the more satisfying things I get to do with my artwork. It's certainly the most fun I've ever had marketing myself.