St. Nicholas Cathedral - Alla Prima

5x7 Oil on Panel
SOLD

Comments

Jon Conkey said…
David I find myself here everyday looking at your fantastic works, the freedom and spontaneity in your work and subjects is rare; how long do you spent on them? JLC
David Lloyd said…
Hi Jon...I'm flattered. I'm a fan of your work, too, especially your portraits. These have taken between one to three hours. Interestingly, some of the best are the quickest...a lesson I have always struggled with, and probably always will.

-David
Peter Yesis said…
David - I found your blog on the new daily painters blog Micah started.
Fantastic brush work and the color stays so fresh. Welcome aboard the daily painting express!
I look forward to visiting often
David Lloyd said…
Peter...

Thanks so much. It's been great so far...and it's especially satisfying to be in such good company!

David
Louis Boileau said…
Really fascinated by your work.
Great light and shadow. So loose and crisp. Love the Airstream, that's brilliant.
David Lloyd said…
Louis...thanks for stopping by...I'm particularly fond of the Airstream, too. I'm considering keeping it for myself!
bdelpesco said…
Wow, what a treasure to find your blog. I LOVE your work. I'll be back, again and again for inspiration. Paint on!
Belinda
David Lloyd said…
Wow, Belinda, speaking of treasures...your work is full of character...really amazing. Thanks for the kind words...paint on, indeed!

David